It’s the middle of January and I’ve been thinking about what I want to accomplish this year. Without going into all of the details it really comes down to one thing.
I will write more.
Notice, I didn’t say “I want to…” or that “I would like to…”. In the words of Yoda, “Do… or do not. There is no try.” In 2015 I will not be satisfied with the desire to write more. This year I will.
In 2013 I released my first novel, Shaper of Stone. In 2014 I released a novel (Shaper of Air) and a short story (Vatrale). What will I release in 2015?
- Support Hell – This short story will be part of the Greater Lehigh Valley Writers Group anthology. It is the story of a demon forced to man the support desk in hell, and what happens when he gets the call that could free him from his drudgery. This is scheduled for a March release date.
- The Magic Within – This is a short essay about why I write. This is also included in the Greater Lehigh Valley Writers Group anthology. While this is scheduled for a March release date, it will also appear on this website this year. It will probably be in September or later.
- Lockdown – Book 1 of the NSFW series. Some jobs are just more dangerous than others. Allen Simmons discovers himself locked in a secret underground facility, cut off from the surface, with a handful of people. I started work on Lockdown in 2014, but put it on hold to finish Shaper of Air.
- Shaper of Fire – This is the third book in the Shaper series. It begins right where Shaper of Air ended. I’m not going to say anymore… yet, except that I’m very excited about the direction the story is going.
- Shaper of Stone: Origins – This is going to either be a long short story or a short novella, depending on how you measure such things. It takes place long before the arrival of Devin Symms in Shaper of Stone and introduces the stone like creatures that Devin called Gargoyles.
There is only one way I can do this. I need to write every day. That’s not a hard sacrifice to make. For those who are interested in tracking progress, you can follow mine at the Write-Track website.
You may also notice that something is missing from the list. Work on Sting of the Scorpion is temporarily on hold. That started as a side project to keep me occupied while Shaper of Air was going through its final stages. As I start wrapping up projects for 2015, I’ll jump in and out of Sting of the Scorpion, but I have no expectations of having it ready for distribution by the end of the year. I still have the first few chapters on literrater.com, and I’ll be monitoring the views on the site. If the site generates enough interest (and I’m not sure what that is), I’ll continue posting chapter updates to it. If you haven’t looked at literrater.com, you should take a minute and pay it a visit.
If you haven’t signed up for the newsletter yet, please consider it.